Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Aerial Photos of Rio / Fotos aéreas do Rio

Here are posted some of Nilo Lima’s marvelous aerial photos! You can find much more breathtaking landscapes in his bilingual book (Portuguese-English) Rio das Alturas (see, “what I’m reading” section, on the right column). Nilo spent about 200 hours in helicopter flights to register all the 130 amazing images.

----------------------------------------------------------

Aqui estão algumas das maravilhosas fotos aéreas de Nilo Lima! Você pode encontrar muitas outras paisagens de tirar o fôlego no livro Rio das Alturas, que acabou de chegar às livrarias (veja a seção “o que estou lendo”, na coluna da direta). Foram 200 horas de voo de helicóptero para capturar as 130 belas imagens.



















7 comments:

GooTAR said...

Lovely. I liked it. Plz do visit me and leave your comment on GooTAR Blog

Vania Moreira said...

Thank you for your visit GooTAR!

Lydd said...

The pictures of Rio is simply breathtaking! I'm definitely putting Rio into my next must-travel places :)

Hanie said...

Look at the size of that! Most awe-inspiring

Vania Moreira said...

Hi Lydd and Hannie! Nice to see you here! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Yes, I think that you really should put Rio in your list Lydd! And you know Hanie, you can take a helicopter ride and flight around it! Well, if you come one day to Rio, you 3 can stay in my flat (see the pictures of it in my blog), be my guests in Rio!
Best wishes for you 2 and Nora!

ChrisJ said...

What amazing photos. It would definitely be awesome to take such a helicopter trip.

Vania Moreira said...

Hi ChrisJ, thank you for your visit and comment!
Oh God, I saw that you have BA and MA in English and teach 1st and 2nd year university courses!!! I hope that you forgive my pretension of having a bilingual blog!
Anyway, about the photos, I strongly recommend you this helicopter trip around the city when visiting Rio!
About your blog, what a coincidence, today you’ve posted a text about St. Agnes and I’ve posted a text about San Sebastian, our patron saint (yes, I learnt this from your post, I’ve written saint protector, sooooorry! Now it's correct!). What an ambiguous story about St Agnes, I have never heard it before!
Well, I would be glad to have your comments more often!
Cheers!